Ekiti Dot Com Website
Ekiti Dot Com Web Site
Most Recently Commented On News
Most Recently Uploaded News on ekiti.com
Òwe lesin òrò...
Ekiti News Reports
[ LATEST ] 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... [ SEARCH ]
FG releases seized Ekiti Budget Support Fund  (Vanguard 19/02/2017) Workers angry with Fayose over new cars for politicians  (The Nation  - 19/02/2017)
FG releases seized Ekiti Budget Support Fund  (Daily Sun  - 19/02/2017) 2018 Poll: Group urges Ekiti voters to shun stomach infrastructure  (The Nation  - 18/02/2017)
Reinstating Sheriff as PDP Chairman rape on democracy – Fayose  (Daily Trust  - 17/02/2017) Fayose says FG has decided to release Ekiti’s N1bn budget fund  (ZZ-Please See URL  - 17/02/2017)
FG Denies Withholding Ekiti State’s Statutory Allocation  (This Day  - 17/02/2017) My security tour of Ekiti  (Daily Sun  - 17/02/2017)
Fed Govt denies withholding Ekiti’s allocation  (The Nation  - 17/02/2017) APC: Ekiti allocation not withheld  (The Nation  - 16/02/2017)

FG releases seized Ekiti Budget Support Fund
Source: Vanguard ekiti.com News Section:  Ekiti Date: Sunday, February 19, 2017

.

The Federal Ministry of Finance has released the N1.1 billion Budget Support Fund of Ekiti State it seized about two weeks ago. Governor Ayodele Fayose disclosed this, yesterday, in Ado Ekiti. His Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, quoted the governor as saying that the Federal Ministry of Finance had communicated with state officials on the release of the money. “I don’t want to join issues with anybody on the allocation, it is a statutory allocation for all the states, I can confirm to you here that by Tuesday next week, I will get the bank alert for the money, an official communication on the release was passed to me on Thursday,” the governor said. Ayodele Fayose The state government and officials of the Federal Ministry of Finance had been at logger heads over the non-release of the money. The money had been paid into the account of the state, penultimate Thursday, but withdrawn a day later for reasons not disclosed.

The development led to Fayose going to the headquarters of the ministry in Abuja to officially protest the action. A statement by the ministry said the money was withheld because the state did not fulfill some obligations, a claim promptly denied by the state government. In a swift reaction, the governor , who spoke through one of his aides, Mr Lere Olayinka, said the explanation was an afterthought meant to mislead the public.

0 Comments || e-Mail to Friends Share on FacebookShare On Facebook

Ekiti Dot Com
2001 - © Copyright UniQue Solutions Int'l Ltd (Nigeria) & UniQue Systems Int'l Inc (Canada)